Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A spot of fishing


A spot of fishing, originally uploaded by nzcjs.
This images was taken the best part of a year ago and I have to say I was quite pleased with my efforts at the time. The unfortunate thing was that there didn't seem to be much "kick" in the image and it was a truely gorgeous day. Here's the original shot.

I alway try to shoot raw (interesting article here btw) and so I thought I'd try a bit of HDR on the image. The colours may seem a bit vivid, but the sea was quite stunning on the day and the hillside opposite seems more as my memory remembers it.

Three shots created from the original in Lightroom with EV values -2. 0 and +2. These were then processed in Photomatix Pro and the result is as you see.

An improvement? Perhaps. You be the judge :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment