Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back in the garage!

As I mentioned yesterday, there's a lot of stuff I've managed to hoard over the years.  At the back of the garage there's quite a few old parts of Austins that don't usually see the light of day and I wondered if there was any merit in taking a few shots in subdued lighting and then processing with Photomatix Pro.  The HDR treatment of images often seems to enhance the textures of objects within the image and none more so than these rusty bits you can see in the first image in this post.  I wasn't sure about the colours in the image so tried a monochrome version, but I'm still not sure which I prefer.  Perhaps the monochrome image?

Don't forget to click on the image to see a larger version.  I think it's better bigger.  Also, if you'd like to get blog updates via email just click on the subscribe via email option on the right.

I'll add another image of rusty junk from the garage to this post.  I have to say I'm quite pleased with this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment