Sunday, May 2, 2010

Autumn light

There's something warm looking about autumn.  It's the browns, yellows, reds and deep greens that I can see in the changing leaves ... and then there's the sun lower in the sky that gives a wonderful glow to almost everything it hits.

This afternoon I couldn't help but notice this toadstool in the garden.  I wanted to show it in context with the grass, moss and silver birch trees, but with the distant object out of focus.  Not sure if this works or not ... perhaps let me know what you think.  I tried modifying the perspective in Photoshop to enhance the effect from the 18mm lens ... does it work?  The main thing I noticed, to be honest, was I had to crop the image to get a rectangular shape instead of a trapezium.  This then made the image very long and thin.

I've been intrigued with Nik software's Colour Efex.  I thought I'd have a bit of play with this for the second image in an attempt to emphasis the autumnal colours.  Over the top, or quite pleasant?  Perhaps leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment