Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Interesting light?


 Looking through some shots from the UK I came across these six I thought I'd share with you today.  The thing that I thought when I looked at them was how the light intrigued me when I took the shot.

First image was taken at Manchester International Airport and I was quite taken by the clouds into which the 'planes were flying.  It was quite funny really.  All other cameras were pointing the other way, trying to get impressive images of the aircraft.  I liked the clouds and any type of aircraft somewhere in the image was fine by me!

Second shot was taken whilst walking in a park in Westhoughton, Bolton.  The light was lovely, especially the way it illuminated the leaves.  There seemed to be a glow and hopefully the image gives you an idea of just how lovely it was that evening.

The last four shots were taken at Lyme Park.  The first of these shows The Cage up top right of the image and the famous home in the bottom left.  There's a shot of the front of the stately home in more detail in a previous post here.  the back of the home (or is it the front?) is in the penultimate shot in this post.  Each of these shots has quite high levels of contrast, hence the title to the post.  Let me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment