Saturday, November 13, 2010

Take Note ... take 1

Friday night at Ellerslie's Cock 'n Bull.  I had a great time.  I'm often taking photographs of Contagious, but this evening I had a change and went along to see Take Note.  I'd heard of the band, but never been to see them.  I must admit that I'm rather pleased that I made the effort and went along to watch them perform.  I was a little concerned that the lights may not be good enough to get reasonable shots of the musicians, but there was nothing to worry about in that department.  The lights were great and I was even shooting down at ISO 1250 for some shots ... I've never been able to do this before, except at outdoor events!  Jason (Smith) seemed to be the one sorting the lights and he did a great job.  Made my life easier that's for sure!
The band is a four piece ensemble with Sue Dyson (who you can see to the left) as lead vocalist.  Well, certainly for the female parts.  Jason Smith did a great job with vocals and certainly surprised me with his vocals in some of the Bee Gee's songs. Very well done Jason.

Great range of songs from the band and very well executed.  I had a good time taking the photos, but would have had just as much fun if I'd left the camera at home and just gone along to enjoy the atmosphere and dance around on the dance floor.

I'll close this post with a couple more images from last night.  In these shots you'll see Jason Wilson on bass guitar and Neil Stewart on the drums.

Please let me know what you think, perhaps subscribe to the blog then you'll get regular updates :-)  Also, if you think I could have as much fun taking shots of your band, and you think shots like those you see here may be of use to you, drop me an email and I'll try to come along.






2 comments:

  1. Nice Pics :) Love the shot of Sue with her hair looking windswept. :)
    Cheers
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Enjoy photo 4 - a "deep and meaningful" one. And yes - it good to see a good photo of Neil.

    ReplyDelete