Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lacking inspiration ...

Can't say I was feeling the best today, which was a real shame as it was a glorious day here in Auckland.

I've been thinking of taking shots of some industrial buildings a little further south of where I live.  Even though the light was good, I just didn't have the energy or inspiration to set up the shots and ended up coming home and going to sleep!

So, just the one shot for today's post.  It's a five shot HDR image of some workshops for sale in Takanini.  I was taken with the somewhat dirty appearance of the place and the big "For Sale" sign.  Cars in bits, interesting colours in the clouds, fencing to keep out intruders and a mass of weeds that you associate with derelict areas.  I'm sure there's a lot more I could do in this area, but as I said earlier, inspiration was sadly lacking.

I suppose the thing I really wanted you to notice was the "For Sale" sign, but one seems to be drawn to the rusty car atop the shipping container.  Ah well, perhaps I'll try again tomorrow?

Here's the same image converted to black and white.  Perhaps let me know which you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. Edgy, overgrown, run down, dilapidated - this image really exudes a sense of hopelessness. Great work, Chris.

    ReplyDelete