Saturday, October 15, 2011

Anti-biotics :-(

Not the best night last night and hopes of seeing Pacific Curls and Whirimako Black on the waterfront were dashed.  Really not well and spent a good chunk of the day resting and feeling very sorry for myself.  Quick trip to the doctors this morning resulted in a cocktail of pills including some anti-biotics.  Sadly, as I start to get ready for the evening meal this evening, I can't say that I'm feeling much better than I did first thing this morning.
Cherry Blossom.
Still keen to make the most of the lovely weather we've enjoyed over the past couple of days I attached the Nikkor 85mm f1.5G to my D300 and took a closer look at some of the blooms in the garden.

First shot was taken over the fence to capture my neighbour's cherry blossom.  The sun was a bit lower in the sky which helps give a bit more warmth to the shot.  This lens really is a gem.  It's surprisingly sharp wide open and creates a gorgeous background blur.  Quite a special piece of kit.  This was shot at f3.5 ... trying to retain the blur, but get a bit more depth of field on the blooms themselves.  Did it work?  Perhaps ley me know.

Kowhai blooms
The second shot is of some more kowhai blooms in my back yard.  This time looking up so you can get a better idea of the bell like blooms of this tree.  Nice blue sky this evening as you can see.

The last few shots are a bit of a change.  My son is looking after a chum's guinea pig for a few days, so I thought I'd get a few shots whilst I could and the 'pig' was returned to its owner.  Shallow depth of field again in an attempt to draw your attention to the creature's face and eyes.  Does it work?

Now it's time for tea and some more tablets ... hopefully I'll feel rather better tomorrow.  I must say that I'm pretty fed up with the sore throat and cough already!  Perhaps let me know what you think of the pig pictures ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment