Monday, October 17, 2011

Melancholy ...

Seed heads
Still rough and unwell today and have spent a good chunk of the day in bed.  I had a brief stroll around the garden and took a couple of shots, but really not feeling the best.

The first shot is of some seed heads down near the sandpit in my back yard.  I suppose I often look at the flowers and get excited by the colours and shapes of the blooms.  However, sometimes the 'dead heads' or seed heads can be just as interesting.  I'm not sure of the name of this particular plant, but the seed head has some interesting patterns and textures to it.

Shot taken with my Nikkor 18-200mm lens at 200mm and quite open to get that nice bokeh effect you see.  The grass is pretty green thanks to the rain we've had recently!

Second shot is of some small agapanthus.  Not sure what I think of these plants.  The blooms are quite nice, but the larger variety are somewhat intrusive and once you have them they're somewhat tricky to get rid of.

I must say, looking at the shots in this post they seem somewhat bland and lacking in punch.  Perhaps just a manifestation of my melancholy mood?
Miniature Agapanthus

No comments:

Post a Comment