Thursday, April 5, 2012

A bit of a treat!

What a surprise!  I took the train into Manchester as I wanted to have a look around the town hall again.  Leaving the train and heading over the overbridge I couldn't help but notice the dirty windows looking over the tracks below and thinking how it reminded me of the days of steam.  There was I reminiscing of the days of steam when lo and behold in steams Stanier 8F 48151 on an enthusiasts special heading for York.  I couldn't believe it!  What a wonderful surprise!  Talk about being at the right place at the right time.

Not usually associated with passenger trains, the 8F was a stalwart of the LMS freight workings, but freight or passenger, 48151 looked stunning simmering away at the end of Manchester Victoria's Platform 3.

Even though it was bitterly cold with rain and sleet I still managed a few shots that I'll share with you here.  All converted to monochrome ... well ... what else for moody shots of steam engines?


No comments:

Post a Comment