Sunday, May 20, 2012

Caitlin Smith

Caitlin Smith
If you're in Auckland you should really consider popping into Hotel DeBrett on High Street.  Each Sunday from 6.30pm through to 9.30pm you'll get the chance to hear the lovely Caitlin Smith the very pleasant atmosphere of Hotel De Brett.  I went down earlier today to take a few photographs, but must admit to finding the lighting more conducive to relaxing with a glass of wine and listening to fine music than photography.
Caitlin Smith
I'd taken my 85mm lens and was using this wide open at f1.4 with ISO at 3200 and shutter speeds down at 1/50 second.  The resultant images have noise, but not too bad.  Also, I thought the shots may look better if I converted them to monochrome.  However, I;m not really sure if I prefer them in colour or monochrome yet.  They both have advantages.  I think the greatest requirement is to have at least something in the shot sharply focussed.  Not something that was easy to do in the low light!

Anyway, perhaps let me know what you think of the shots in this post ... I'd love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment