Saturday, July 21, 2012

Smokefree Pacific Beats


Well what a surprise!!  I was taking an evening stroll last night and happened to bump into my friend Malcolm Lakatani along with Petrina George standing outside the Telstra Clear Pacific Centre.  Talented young musicians were there competing in the Smokefree Pacifica Beats competition.  Not being able to resist shooting musicians shooting live I raced back home, got my 70-200mm and got back as quick as I could.  I had to leave at 9pm to collect my daughter from work, but what I saw and heard from these young musicians was impressive.  There  is a heap of musical talent here in New Zealand that's for sure!!

Anyway, to give you a little taste of the atmosphere here's a few shots for your amusement.  There's also a few more shots on Facebook.  If you think I may have a shot of you on stage that you'd like, just email me at chris@nzcjs.com :-)







2 comments:

  1. Hey Christopher - your pictures are AWESOME and it's so mean that you came and shot them just coz that's what you do :)

    Much love from the Smokefree Pacifica Beats whanau to yours

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Great fun last night and really good to see so much talent on stage.

      Delete