Thursday, September 27, 2012

New book :-)

Latest addition to my library and something I'm thoroughly enjoying reading.
Some of you may recall my fondness for monochrome images, or should I say chromatic greyscale images?  I spent many happy hours processing black and white film in the darkroom when I was younger and never ceased to be entranced as the image magically appeared on the photographic paper.  It wasn't this magic alone that inspired me to take black and white photographs, there was something else.  There's something very special about a good black and white photograph.  Creating a good black and white image, however, is not that easy ... hence the book.

It's early days yet with my new acquisition, but so far I'm impressed.  There's a lot to learn as I work through the various exercises that will be useful skills for all types of photography.  So, if you don't hear from me for a while you'll now know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment